Singapore's NCS Group launches BIGFIX-Based Managed Endpoint Services
Singapore, Tue Jan 12 08:40:00 GMT 2010
Services Offering Focuses on Business and Public Sector Information Technology Programs Throughout NCS’ Southeast Asia Core Market
• NCS Group, a wholly-owned subsidiary of SingTel Group, has launched its Managed Endpoint Services offering, leveraging BigFix technologies to consolidate and improve the quality of essential security, compliance and system management services on distributed IT infrastructures.
• The company offers Managed Endpoint Services throughout its Southeast Asia and Australasia core market, including Australia, Bahrain, China, Dubai, Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia, The Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam.
• The Service targets small and medium businesses and public sector organizations desiring affordable access to top-quality, consolidated security and system management services for PC and server networks; and larger companies concerned with consistently managing IT infrastructures that can be spread across multiple countries and regions, complicated by inconsistent telecommunications connectivity.
• The Service offers solutions drawn from virtually the entire BigFix product line, including Asset Inventory Management, Software Distribution, Patch Management, Software Usage Management, Endpoint Security (anti-virus, anti-malware, firewall, network access control), Service Desk/Helpdesk, Security Compliance Management, Vulnerability Management, and Power Management.
Background and Context
• The NCS Managed Endpoint Service highlights the growing use of BigFix technology as a basis for multi-tenanted managed security and system management services.
• BigFix’s scalability, growing portfolio of application modules and ability to thrive in difficult wide area communications environments are ideally suited to technical and market conditions in NCS primary market areas.
• NCS productized the Managed Endpoint Service after offering it on a custom basis to select customers. The robustness and value delivered by the Service in these engagements led NCS to introduce it as a standard product, with customer options to specify individual service bundles.
Foo Nian Chou, group general manager for NCS Infrastructure Management and Solutions said: “Organizations from small businesses up through multinational businesses and government understand the importance of effective security and system management for distributed computer infrastructures. The NCS Managed Endpoint Services enables all classes of customers to get the benefit thorough, high quality systems and security management at very competitive costs. We have seen what BigFix can do in real-world settings and are pleased to offer a managed services product based on this outstanding technology.”
David Hanley, BigFix vice president for Asia Pacific said: “NCS is an outstanding organization that brings significant skillsets and resources to bear on our Asia business. NCS is one of the most widely regarded technology companies in Asia and we are thrilled to be working with them to bring value to both their existing and future customers.”
NCS Managed Endpoint Services product page http://tinyurl.com/ylnrhyu (Page also includes downloadable brochure.)
Founded in 1997, the BigFix®, Inc. solutions support a global portfolio of A-list organizations in government, finance, retail, educational, industrial and public utility sectors. BigFix revolutionizes IT infrastructure management by replacing fragmented collections of single-purpose tools with the industry’s only unified visibility and control architecture that consolidates up to 18 security, IT compliance, decision support, and green computing functions. For more information, visit www.bigfix.com, follow BigFix on Twitter @BigFix, or stay in touch on the BigFix Facebook page, http://tinyurl.com/mvn9nu .
# # #
© 2010 BigFix, Inc. All rights reserved. All company and product names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies.
NCS is a leading infocomm technology (ICT) and communications engineering service provider with more than 7,000 staff located in more than 10 countries across the Asia Pacific and Middle East regions. With proven expertise in consulting, development, systems integration, outsourcing, infrastructure management and solutions gained while serving government and commercial organisations across the region, NCS delivers end-to-end support for every organisation’s technology needs. Headquartered in Singapore, NCS is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the SingTel Group.
Ong Fei Fei
NCS Pte Ltd
DID: +65 6556 5629
NCS is a member of the Singtel Group and the leading information, communications and technology (ICT) service provider with presence in over 20 countries. NCS delivers end-to-end ICT solutions to help governments and enterprises realise business value through digital transformation and the innovative use of technology. Its unique delivery capabilities include consulting, applications development, systems integration, outsourcing, infrastructure management and portal solutions.