NCS Group Creates a Leading-Edge Security Operations Centre to Serve the Region
Singapore, February 13, 2007
Announced its Collaboration with ArcSight in the Operating Model
NCS Group, a leading regional information technology and communications engineering service provider, announced the launch of its new operations centre, along with its leading-edge technology to support its growing Managed Security (MS) business.
The establishment of the Managed Security Operations Centre (MSOC), a one-stop operational centre with the capability of monitoring any devices anywhere, anytime, is timely. Nowadays, organisations are beginning to realise the need for real-time, centralised integration and management capabilities. However, the challenges of limited resources and expertise prove to be a tremendous task for many organisations.
NCS fills this gap by bringing to NCS customers the following benefits via its MS offerings:
- ease of administration for the operation and vendor management from different security point products and lower administrative cost
- availability of operational security expertise 24x7, with the necessary “incident first” responder support for security event monitoring
- faster implementation turnaround time, hence competitive advantage in providing a safer and more resilient environment for vital business assets and operations
Said Dr Chong Yoke Sin, CEO, NCS Group, “NCS Group’s establishment of its Managed Security Operations Centre is a timely investment. We understand the challenges faced by organisations trying to decipher information generated by disparate systems, applications and platforms. All of the various forms of system security threats faced by our Customers can be addressed using our Managed Security Operations Centre."
NCS Group has also announced its collaboration with ArcSight, a recognised leader in Enterprise Security Management (ESM).
The ESM key services include:
- seamlessly collect, store and analyse security data from any log source
- intelligently correlate information to derive meaningful information from a sea of data
- monitor relevance to organisational risk
- drastically reduce response time to minimise damage
- efficiently store and retrieve information, leveraging enterprise database capabilities
- quickly investigate and determine root cause of security issues and breaches
- flexibility and automatically prepare reports for every security compliance stakeholder in the enterprise
- obtain a high-availability, scalable architecture for this mission critical application
- efficiently manage and customise the system to maintain high performance
“ArcSight ESM adds tremendous value to NCS Group’s managed security offerings by providing NCS clients with real-time insight into external threats, insider threats and compliance-relevant information”, said Mr Robert Lau, ArcSight’s Vice President and General Manager, Asia Pacific. “NCS can now offer its clients comprehensive, easy to understand monthly reporting on all security events via a Web portal. Clients can login via Internet to see how their security environment is performing.”
NCS Pte Ltd
DID: +65 6556 5629
NCS is a member of the Singtel Group and the leading information, communications and technology (ICT) service provider with presence in over 20 countries. NCS delivers end-to-end ICT solutions to help governments and enterprises realise business value through digital transformation and the innovative use of technology. Its unique delivery capabilities include consulting, applications development, systems integration, outsourcing, infrastructure management and portal solutions.