Singtel integrates global cyber security capabilities under Trustwave to create an industry powerhouse
Singapore, Wed Dec 05 06:04:00 GMT 2018
Chicago, Singapore and Sydney, 5 December, 2018 – Singtel today announced it has pooled the cyber security capabilities, technologies and resources of Singtel, Optus, Trustwave and NCS, into a single global corporate identity operating under the Trustwave brand. The strategic measure forms one of the industry’s most comprehensive global cyber security companies offering a complete range of managed security services, consulting, education and leading-edge technologies to help organisations worldwide contend with rapidly evolving external and internal threats.
Through the integration, the new Trustwave can harness the synergies and strengths of Singtel’s global cyber security business, revenue, capabilities and teams across the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific. Trustwave’s global cyber business now has about 2,000 security employees, a global network of ten connected Advanced Security Operations Centres (ASOCs) supported by its elite Trustwave SpiderLabs security team, millions of businesses enrolled in its cloud-based security platform, more than 10,000 managed security services customers, and nearly 1,000 channel partners and numerous technology partners worldwide. The Trustwave portfolio includes many services and technologies recognised as industry-leading by analysts.
“Uniting the security assets and deep expertise of Singtel, Optus, Trustwave and NCS under one brand and single vision – what we call the new Trustwave – is a pivotal milestone for our customers, partners, employees and company,” said Mr Arthur Wong, Chief Executive Officer at Trustwave. “Trustwave is well-positioned to further its role as a recognised leader in cyber security and managed security services, areas vital for effective security programmes as enterprises accelerate their digital transformation. Customers benefit by having a trusted security partner with true global reach and intelligence, offering around-the-clock monitoring, detection and eradication of threats in addition to deep regional security expertise necessary for successfully addressing global threats and localised attack campaigns.”
As part of the integration, Trustwave has re-designed its logo, giving it a bold modern look with new brand identity and colour scheme, and launched a new corporate website at www.trustwave.com. The website serves as the digital hub showcasing all Trustwave offerings, including those from Singtel, Optus and NCS.
Benefits of the integration include:
- Broader security services portfolio --The new Trustwave portfolio includes managed security services, security testing, consulting, technology solutions and cyber security education. The integration provides Trustwave with additional managed security services, third-party technology solutions and cyber security education and training services like the Cyber Security Institute in Singapore.
- Increased focus on industry-leading technologies --Trustwave will continue to offer both its own technologies and those from third parties. Trustwave has added and will continue to add more industry-leading third-party technologies that are integrated or wrapped with its managed security and consulting services to offer even more compelling solutions that solve cyber security problems and challenges.
- More cyber security resources and talent --Through the integration of Singtel’s global cyber security assets under Trustwave, the company has added more resources, employees and services to help customers protect their data and reduce risk. At a time when there is a world-wide security skills shortage, the company has about 2,000 security professionals worldwide delivering, selling, marketing and supporting Trustwave cyber security solutions and managed security services. The added personnel complements 10 interlinked Advanced Security Operations Centres responsible for delivering continuous threat monitoring, detection and threat elimination along with threat intelligence to ensure organisations are continuously protected regardless of location.
- Advanced security training and continued education --Trustwave has combined the training and continued education assets from Singtel’s cyber security businesses including Trustwave Academy and the Cyber Security Institute into a comprehensive programme delivered on-premises and remotely. Cyber security education has become paramount to addressing the threat landscape through knowledge and best practices. Customers, partners and employees can learn the latest techniques for detecting threats, defending networks, protecting data and optimising technologies from many of the world’s top minds in cyber security. Options for earning industry recognised certifications and accreditation in penetration testing, data forensics, incident response and other fields are offered.
- Separate business unit focused on compliance --Trustwave has created a separate global Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance and risk management arm to help organisations achieve and maintain regulatory compliance. The division represents a continued commitment to focus on compliance, risk and data privacy customer challenges while building upon Trustwave’s foundation as a payment card industry data security standard (PCI DSS) pioneer.
Industry recognition demonstrates Trustwave momentum and leadership
In 2018, renowned industry analysts worldwide recognised Trustwave for its leadership in cyber security and managed security services.
Gartner, Inc., a leading information and technology and advisory company, placed Trustwave in the leaders quadrant in the 2018 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Managed Security Services, Worldwide.i
International Data Corporation (IDC) named Trustwave a Leader in the IDC MarketScape U.S. Incident Readiness, Response, and Resiliency Services 2018 Vendor Assessment - Beyond the Big 5 Consultancies.ii IDC also named Trustwave a Leader in the IDC MarketScape: Asia/Pacific Managed Security Services 2018.iii Additionally, IDC named Trustwave a Leader in the IDC MarketScape: Canadian Security Services Providers, 2018 Vendor Assessment.iv
Most recently, Frost & Sullivan presented Trustwave with the prestigious 2018 Singapore and Southeast Asia Managed Security Service Provider of the Year award.
Singtel is Asia's leading communications technology group, providing a portfolio of services from next-generation communication, technology services to infotainment to both consumers and businesses. For consumers, Singtel delivers a complete and integrated suite of services, including mobile, broadband and TV. For businesses, Singtel offers a complementary array of workforce mobility solutions, data hosting, cloud, network infrastructure, analytics and cyber security capabilities. The Group has presence in Asia, Australia and Africa and reaches over 700 million mobile customers in 21 countries. Its infrastructure and technology services for businesses span 21 countries, with more than 428 direct points of presence in 362 cities. For more information, visit www.singtel.com. Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/SingtelNews.
Trustwave is a leading cyber security and managed security services provider that helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and security reduce risk. Offering a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services, security testing, consulting, technology solutions and cyber security education, Trustwave helps businesses embrace digital transformation securely. Trustwave is a Singtel company and the global security arm of Singtel, Optus and NCS, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com.
Manager Singtel Group Strategic Communications and Brand
Tel: +65 8511 7996
Trustwave Corporate Communications
Tel: +1 312 470 8662 email@example.com
i Source: Gartner, "Magic Quadrant for Managed Security Services, Worldwide" by Toby Bussa, Kelly M. Kavanagh, Pete Shoard, Sid Deshpande, February 27, 2018.
ii Source: IDC MarketScape: IDC MarketScape U.S. Incident Readiness, Response, and Resiliency Services 2018 Vendor Assessment - Beyond the Big 5 Consultancies, (IDC# US44257117, October 2018).
iii Source: IDC MarketScape: Asia/Pacific Managed Security Services 2018, (IDC# AP42609818, June 2018).
iv Source: IDC MarketScape: Canadian Security Services Providers, 2018 Vendor Assessment (IDC# CA3005218, March 2018).
NCS Pte Ltd
DID: +65 6556 5629
NCS is a member of the Singtel Group and the leading information, communications and technology (ICT) service provider with presence in over 20 countries. NCS delivers end-to-end ICT solutions to help governments and enterprises realise business value through digital transformation and the innovative use of technology. Its unique delivery capabilities include consulting, applications development, systems integration, outsourcing, infrastructure management and portal solutions.
- THIS IS THE FIRST ARTICLE
- Next Article MSIG leads next wave of robotics technology among general insurers